Monday, September 21, 2015

Every year I am asked.......


Another new school year brings us to a question that I am asked each year by teachers.  How can I get my students to type their projects faster?  Using our keypads on our mobile devices and phones are great, but when it comes to writing a paper in doc's the teachers find that the student's typing skills need a refresher course after the summer break.  Here are a few typing sites that may help your students improve their speed and accuracy when typing.    There are many programs that can be purchased for home use as well, but these are a few free sites that offer some activities that your students may enjoy.

Dance Mat Typing

Learning Games for Kids-Typing

I also suggest that teachers check out the Chromebooks for the students on occassion so that they are using a standard keyboard to type their projects with.  Typing is a great practice skill to add to your students homework list!

1 comment:

  1. Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?
    dance mat typing

    ReplyDelete